Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Mindian Project (The Mindy Project Pilot Episode Review)

I am deeply sorry for the title of this review post. I really want to be clever... but it turned out to be a bit racist.

Anyway...

The Mindy Project is starred in, written and produced by The Office's Mindy Kaling herself. This is her way to explore more facets of comedic writing after her years of stint as a writer and actress in her former NBC sitcom.


The Mindy Project has a lot of potential in it. Mindy Kaling is such a great comedian that I know her show would be successful. However, the pilot episode did not do well for me. There were full of cliche and predictable plot lines which made our maiden to be an Indian with typical white blonde girl problems. We've seen the oh-where's-love plus the friend-with-benefits plus the whole would-they-won't-they plots before already so they're just old news to the audience. Nonetheless, the episode still tickled my funny bones. 

Probably I was expecting more. Probably my expectations were high. 

So, I am gonna give The Mindy Project episode 1 a rating of.... 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment