Social Icons

Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

How I Met Your... Aunt Robin


The current season (7) of How I Met Your Mother is probably one of the best of the said sitcom. HIMYM, as many people call it, showed development in the 'Mother' story based on the last few episodes that aired. But another note point to out, and the main focus of the season, is Robin's story line. 
Cobie Smulders as Robin Scherbatsky

Before season 7 started to air, the producers and creators of the show - Carter Bays and Craig Thomas - mentioned in an interview that this season will be a "Robin-season". And hell yeah I am happy about it. Robin is my most favorite character and I love how the writers gave so much attention to her  this season - not just the hot girl who everybody sleeps with. 

Season 6 ended with Robin "realizing" she has still feelings for Barney. Then, at the start of the 7th season, we saw a flash forward scene where Barney is preparing for his wedding. But the question is, who's the bride? 

Of course, there would be ups and downs in Robin's life. She made decisions - turning down Barney in Episode 10; confessing that she doesn't love Ted; breaking up with Kevin - that changed her life and made other people sad. Furthermore, and one of the saddest episodes of the sitcom, Robin found out that she can never have kids. Ever. Cobie Smulders, the actress playing Robin, does an amazing job portraying the 'hot girl from Canada who went to New York and faced the real challenges of life and love'.

If you don't know yet, I am a big Barney-Robin fan. Since their hook up in season 3, I just want them to be together. I quite like what the writers are doing right now with their relationship - the 'would they-won't they' plot. But what I don't like about this is that it seems Robin is the only one who encounters many questions and heartbreaks. Yes, we saw Barney in his lowest point when Robin turned him down, but... that's it? I know. I KNOW that they still love each other despite the obstacles and the people they meet....

Neil Patrick Harris and Cobie Smulders

Another thing I hate about this season is Quinn. Yeah, she's cool and fun and a hooker. But no. Just no. After the whole Nora thing with Barney, I thought there will be no other girl. But I think she's just a rebound for Robin.

In short, we saw it before. 

And last note I want to point out is the 'Mother' story. Finally, FINALLY, after the disappointing season 6, something is really happening in Ted's life that's getting him closer and closer to the Mother. 

Cobie Smulders. NPH, Josh Radnor
This season also, 5 years after Ted and Robin's break up, we saw the two trying to analyze if they can still work out. Since nobody has achieved anything big yet, maybe they can still be together. At first I was really annoyed by this. I was like "Not again.." but then I realized that this is a huge development in their lives. And I'm glad this only lasted for an episode. 

May be you're wondering, why am I not talking about Lily and Marshall? Well, because nothing BIG is happening to them. They will have a baby. That's all.

Over all, season 7 is amazing. As i said above, Robin is my favorite character and I love the fact that almost all of the episodes revolve around her.

If Robin is not the bride in Barney's wedding, I'll be really pissed. 

1 comment:

  1. I hate the idea of Barney and Robin as a couple. I hate it. Romantically, they have NO CHEMISTRY whatsoever.

    Smulders and Harris are great when portraying Robin and Barney as friends. They're also great when Barney flirts with Robin. But whenever those two project serious romance, they have as much chemistry as a bucket of tepid water.

    ReplyDelete