Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The New Girl's New Guy

This week's episode of New Girl is probably my most favorite. Honestly, I was quite disappointed with the performance of the said sitcom so far. Jesse's "quirkiness" and Schmidt's "douchebaggery" does not work for me as I though it would be during the first few episodes of the show. But the episode "Fancyman Pt.1" which aired March 20, 2012 highlighted Jesse's awesome personality and Nick's funny side which was always overshadowed by Schmidt. Although the Winston-Schmidt subplot is boring and pointless, the Jesse-Nick storyline revived the episode.

In this episode, Jess found a new guy! It's Dermot Mulroney as Russel(which I know because he guest starred in FRIENDS for 3 episodes in 2003 as Gavin - the bossy colleague of Rachel)! He plays the very rich father of one of Jesse's students. 

Jess reluctantly dates the wealthy father of one of her students. Meanwhile, Nick attempts to buy a new cell phone and Schmidt and Winston get ultra-competitive   playing bar trivia. 


Why I love this episode?




1. Didn't expect Mulroney to appear. I was surprised and happy to see him on TV again.


2. Nick's last scene is hilarious! And the scene where he was sitting and enjoying the chair of  Russel is funny! 

3. Dermot and Zooey's chemistry is spot on. He's actually the only "love interest" for Jesse that I liked.

4. The plot is realistic and might actually happen to all of us. Although the scene where Russel gave a phone and his sweater to Nick without any hesitation is quite weird. I mean, I know you're rich but who gives his stuff to a person he just met?

I really wish that we will see more of Dermot Mulroney in New Girl. He's such a good addition to this fun casts.

No comments:

Post a Comment